Three Week De-Toxification Diet
This will totally cleanse the liver and kidney area. Abstain from alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking and red meat. Chemicals and minerals have a clogging effect, so one must reduce this intake to rid the body of it’s toxic waste, this will then allow weight loss.
Boiled hot water to be taken first thing in the morning and last thing at night (a cupful). Drink quite hot. During the day drinks can include:
- Water – use a filter to remove the chemicals. NO mineral water.
- Herbal Teas (not just flavoured teas).
- Organic skimmed milk.
- Organic natural fruit drinks, such as fresh orange juice.
Rice based cereals-such as rice Crispies, about 1 oz-use with skimmed milk. Add dried fruit, such as prunes or apricots, or a little bran. For a change use plain low fat yoghurt and add your own fruit.
Eat as many organic fruit and vegetables as desired in a raw state i.e. cauliflower, mushrooms, watercress red cabbage, fresh pineapples. Carrots. Oranges, cucumber, apples, tomatoes, kiwi fruit etc. A little low fat shape cheese or low fat cottage cheese can be eaten or the occasional hard boiled egg.
Bite size pieces of as many vegetables as you can make interesting. Chicken, fish, turkey, pheasant, to accompany the vegetables (remove any skin).
Heat one teaspoon of sunflower oil in a wok or large pan. Sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes. One can use garlic with this for a change. A squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of fresh herb such as parsley to make it more tasty. You can cube the chicken for a change and cook prior to the vegetables. One can have a jacket potato if necessary.
NB. Rice cakes may be eaten during the day if needed. (2-3)
This is not a fasting diet. If you are hungry eat vegetables or fruit. You may feel withdrawal symptoms from certain drinks and food such as tea and coffee, this is normal, allow a few days for these feelings to pass.
Water should be preferably cold – it’s absorbed into the system more quickly than warn water. And some evidence suggests that drinking cold water can actually burn calories.
To utilise water most efficiently during weight loss, follow this schedule:
- Morning: 1 quart (approx. 1 litre) consumed over a 30 minute period
- Noon: 1 quart consumed over a 30 minute period
- Evening: 1 quart consumed between 5pm and 6pm
The Breakthrough Point
When the body gets the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. When this happens you have reached the ‘breakthrough point’. What does this mean?
- Endocrine-gland function improves.
- Fluid retention is alleviated, as stored water is lost.
- More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolise stored fat.
- Natural thirst returns.
- There is a loss of hunger almost overnight.
- If you stop drinking enough water your body fluids will be thrown out of balance again, and you may experience fluid retention, unexplained weight gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the situation you’ll have to go back and force another breakthrough.