Gall Bladder Flush
To do a gall-bladder flush you will need:
- A small packet of Epsom salts
- 300ml of extra virgin olive oil (200ml if you weigh less than 50kg)
- 2-3 grapefruits or 8 lemons (preferably organic)
- A large bottle (1l) with a screw on top and a wide opening
- A large jug
- A straw to drink from
Choose a day like Saturday, since you will be able to rest the next day.
Eat a non-fat dinner the night before, such as brown rice and steamed or raw vegetables, seasoned with herbs and salt only. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. The higher the pressure the better the flushing action. To the effect that you can also do a juice the day before. Apple is particularly good. On the day of the cleanse do not eat any solid food or take any medicines, vitamins or pills that you can do without; they interfere with the liver cleansing mechanism. Juices such as carrot, lemon and apple are recommended until 2.00pm.
- 2.00pm Do not drink after 2.00pm (otherwise this could make you feel quite ill later)
Get the Epsom salts ready; in the large jug mix 4tbs of Epsom salts with 600ml of water and
Store in the refrigerator (this is for convenience and taste only) this makes four servings of
- 6.00pm Drink one serving (150ml i.e. the equivalent of a small tumbler) of the ice cold Epsom salts (if you do not wish to prepare this ahead of the time simply mix 1 TBS in 150 ml of water) You may add 1/8 tsp. of tsp. of vitamin C powder to improve the taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth.
- 8.00pm Repeat by drinking another serving of Epsom salts
- 9.30pm The Epsom salts should be taking effect and you will have diarrhoea. This is normal!
- 9.45pm Measure and pour 300ml (200ml) of olive oil into the large jar. Squeeze the grapefruits (or the
lemons) and add the oil. Together this should make at least 600ml of liquid. Screw the jar tightly with the lid and shake vigorously until watery. (Only fresh grapefruit juice does this)
- 10.00pm drink the potion you have mixed. Drinking through a large plastic straw helps it to go down more easily. Make sure you finish the whole drink within 15 minutes.
- Lie down immediately: flat on your back with your head up high on a pillow. The sooner you lie, the better the results. Think about what is happening in the liver: all of the bile duct valves have been opened by the Epsom salts and bile is now rushing through them in order to handle the oil you have just drunk, in the process clearing the small stones which normally lie there undisturbed. Keep still for at least 20 minutes, then roll on your right side with your knees upto your chest.
- Next morning: Upon awakening but not before 6.00am take your third serving of Epsom salts. If you have indigestion or nausea wait until it has gone before drinking the Epsom salts. You may go back to bed afterwards. If you had planned a colonic that day do not take any Epsom salts.
- 2 hours later: Take your fourth (and last) serving of Epsom salts
- After the enema or once the last Epsom Salts does take effect you will observe what seems to be green peas but are in fact small gall-stones, this is a sign that your flush has been successful. You may eat as soon as you feel like it. Start with fruit juice, half an hour later eat fruit. One hour later you may eat regular food but keep it light. By supper you should feel recovered. The flush can be repeated every 3 weeks until you no longer observe the pea like gallstones or feel any nausea.